Chulalongkorn Drug Discovery and Development Research Center: Chula4DR
Chulalongkorn Drug Discovery and Drug Development Research Center (Chula4DR) has been established in July 2017 under Chulalongkorn University Research and Innovation Division to facilitate drug discovery and drug development research, advance innovative sciences and create high skilled researchers in Thailand. Chula4DR aims to transform basic research into innovative research programs with translational value and/or commercial potential, using high-end research, and integrative industry-like process and platform.
- Track I: Discovery of new compounds starting from ‘Hits’ working up to a ‘Preclinical candidate’ or Clinical Phase I, with an initial focus on 2 therapeutic areas: Infectious diseases and immuno-oncology.
- Track II: Development of new drug products (e.g. new dosage form or new delivery system, new route of administration, new strength, etc.) from previously approved drug substances.
- Three core units equipped with essential core capabilities and full-time staff with industry experience and/or excellent scientific track records:
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Several satellite units selected from existing Center of Excellence (CE) or Research Unit (RU), primarily within (but not limited to) Chulalongkorn University, to supplement core units with necessary or ancillary capabilities and capacity, on a need basis. Examples include
- Chulalongkorn Research Unit of Hepatitis and Liver Cancer (Track I – Biochemistry),
- Chulalongkorn University Drug and Health Product Innovation Promotion Center, CU D HIP (Track II – formulation development),
- Chulalongkorn computational chemistry (for Track I)
- Chulalongkorn Clinical Research Center (CRC – for Tracks I and II)
Chula4DR will work in close partnership with other academic and research institutions, relevant government agencies (including regulatory and granting agencies), and private sectors, when possible.
Office of Research Affairs Chulalongkorn University, Chamchuri 5 Bld. 6th Fl.,
Phayathai Rd.,Wangmai, Pathumwan Bangkok 10330
E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org